Use ATB services to:
- Polish up your CV & Covering Letter,
- Help prepare you to sit psychometric (ability/aptitude) tests.
- Help you gain confidence & motivation through our week day motivational Facebook posts as well as webinars (online training seminars).
- Help you with your interview preparations and other useful career advice and guidance to set you on your way!
See also our ATB Blog for useful tips and advice.
- Graduate Recruitment
Welcome to our Graduate Recruitment Services page.
PLEASE NOTE - All potential AfricaTalentbank.com (ATB) candidates will first have to sit an online test The ATB Entrance Test, BEFORE registering their details onto our (candidate) database. Once you have done so, you will then be able to apply for graduate and intern positions advertised on our website. Our database will soon be open and we have already started advertising jobs, on behalf of graduate recruiters including: Coca-Cola, British American Tobacco (BAT) and KenCall, to name but a few companies.
Potential ATB candidates - please join our Facebook Page for updates on job vacancies as well as job search, motivational and inspirational posts.
- ATB Entrance Test
The ATB Entrance Test is The Core Abilities Assessment which is supplied by Pearson, the world's leading education company and owners of the (London) Financial Times.
The Core Abilities Assessment is a measure of general mental ability that indicates a candidate’s ability to learn, understand and solve problems.
This test is used as the ATB Entrance test and measures an individual's verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning skills – the basic skills essential in order to succeed in many roles. The results of the test provide an insight into someone's ability to learn and perform in a role.
Core Abilities can help highlight the applicants who should advance to the next stage or interview. General mental ability has been demonstrated to predict performance in most occupations. The Core Abilities Assessment evaluates the following aspects of general mental ability:
- Verbal Reasoning - The ability to understand concepts framed in words
- Numerical Ability - The ability to understand numerical relationships and facility in handling numerical concepts. The items are framed as “arithmetic computation” rather than “arithmetic reasoning”
- Abstract Reasoning - Nonverbal reasoning ability that involves the ability to perceive relationships in abstract figure patterns.
The Core Abilities Assessment comprises a computer-based test to assess how well candidates analyse business-related information. The test is delivered online and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete 6 Verbal, 7 Numerical and 7 Abstract Reasoning questions. The test will be timed by the computer. Click Here to Pay for ATB Entrance Test
- CV and Covering Letter Services
ATB CV and Covering Letter Services
A careless covering letter reflects a careless you. And who wants to hire someone like that? Your CV is your marketing piece and calling card to an organisation. It is your only chance to make a first impression on those in charge of hiring or declining to hire you. This is where the ATB CV and Covering Letter service will be useful. See also recommendations from candidates who have benefited from the ATB services and have gone on to secure interviews and jobs - see ATB Recommendations on our Home page. See also article in the Daily Nation titled: Let your CV market you
It is worth noting that the ATB CV Service is that of editing and enhancing your CV and Covering Letter not creating them from scratch. This is simply because nobody knows you better than yourself i.e. your strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, likes, dislikes, achievements and so forth. So when you send us your latest CV and Covering Letter and we see that you have not highlighted an important role or it is hidden amongst so much information, then we are here to advise you on how to bring out your strengths. Please find below, a table detailing our CV Service and Price List. You will also find details on our payments process further below.
Years of Work Experience
CV +FREE Covering Letter Service
Student Level - to help you get into college, university, or secure an internship.
Although your university application form may be online or in hard copy form, in most instances, you will still be required to fill in sections about yourself as well as detailing your achievements, objectives as well as future goals. This is where ATB can help. We will edit and enhance your CV and Covering Letter which you can then attach to your application form or use as guideline to help you fill in your university online/offline application form(s). As mentioned above, our CV service is that of editing your CV not creating it from scratch. Note - You may have up to a maximum of 3 rounds of ATB edits/modifications We can also provide you with CV/Covering Letter templates, if required. PLEASE NOTE - This service is NOT for candidates who are in their final year at university or those who have graduated; this would be the next level, Graduate Level - see below.
Graduate Level CV
CV + FREE Covering Letter Service
Graduate Level - This service is for final year students, graduates or candidates (with less than 2 years work experience), who are applying for jobs. As above, our CV service at Graduate level is that of editing your CV not creating it from scratch. Note - You may have up to a maximum of 3 rounds of ATB edits and modifications. We can also provide you with CV/Covering Letter templates, if required.
CV and Covering Letter Service
Between 2 to 5 years work experience. Please send us your latest CV and Covering Letter. Note - You may have up to a maximum of 3 rounds of ATB edits and modifications.
CV and Covering Letter Service
5 to 10 years work experience. Please send us your latest CV and Covering Letter. Note - You may have up to a maximum of 3 rounds of ATB edits and modifications.
CV and Covering Letter Service
10+ years work experience. You may also provide us with a copy (or just the text), of a job advert, if you so wish. Note - You may have up to a maximum of 3 rounds of ATB edits and modifications.
*Whilst we aim to have your CV to first edit stage within 48 hours following: confirmation of payment, receipt of your most recent CV and Covering Letter and any additional information that we require, this timeline is dependant upon our workload, which if high, may mean edits could take up to 72 hours. This timeline does not include weekends or public holidays.
- Make payment for your CV and Covering Letter service using your mobile phone (m-Pesa, Airtel Money or YuCash)
- Please also attach your latest CV and Covering Letter in this email. NOTE - If you are a Premier CV customer then you may also attach a copy or just the text of a job advert.
- Please ensure that you have made the correct payment for your level of work experience (see Table above). Incorrect payment will result in a delay as we will simply refund your money and close the call i.e. if someone is at professional Level but makes a payment for Graduate Level.
Once we have received your email containing all the information required, we will aim to edit and return your first edited CV and Covering Letter to you, within 48 hours. Our editing timeline does not include weekends or public holidays. Templates will be available following confirmation of payment. Please DO NOT copy the text in these ATB templates. Your CV and Covering Letter must be your own words. ATB templates are only meant to be used as guidelines.
- The first edited drafts of your CV and Covering letter are then emailed to you for your approval. You can make as many additional inclusions or amendments as required although do bear in mind that there is a maximum number of drafts (see Table above) and so you will get more value for money, if you ensure that the CV and Covering Letter that you first send to us, are your most up to date documents with all information included.
- Once you have approved you final CV or have reached your maximum drafts (whichever is sooner), we will then close this job.
- Psychometric Tests
ATB also has over 100 Psychometric as well as other online tests which test skills in various fields. Our online tests are from leading international suppliers including: SHL, Talent Q, and Pearson - the world’s leading education company.
The areas covered include: Aptitude/Ability (Psychometric Tests), Job Specific Tests (Manager, Supervisor, Retail, Call Centre), Essential Business Skills tests (Marketing Strategy, Presentation Skills, Retail Sales and Service Simulation, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Business Letters, Business Maths), and IT Skills (Java 6, Network Technical Support, Programming Concepts, .NET Framework 3.5).
For our full Product and Price List, please click here
- ATB Webinars
Use the ATB Webinars (online training seminars), to help you get job search tips, gain confidence and improve your soft skills. Our webinars cover a wide range of topics including: CV and Covering Letters, interview tips, soft skills training including: communication skills, attitude at work, Negotiation skills, and more... You can either participate in a "live" webinar or, listen to a recording at your convenience. See our webinar on Overview of ATB website